Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Food/Exercise Log: 02/09/10 - 02/10/10

My therapist has asked me to keep a food/exercise journal, so this shall suffice for now.

I suppose I'll start with yesterday:

I was healthy up until I got home from work. During the week, when I have time in the morning, my food looks like this:

Breakfast smoothie - 2 bananas, 1 cup unsweetened "milk" (usually hemp or coconut), 1 scoop of hemp protein powder, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp greens powder, blueberries and 3 handfuls of fresh spinach. Water to thin.

Lunch - hummus and sprouts/romaine on sprouted rye bread. Healthy fruit-sweetened whole grain homemade muffin.

Afternoon snack - 1 serving size of nuts. Lately, dry roasted cashews.

Afternoon snack 2/pre-workout snack - piece of fruit

Dinner - usually some kind of combo of protein (beans, tofu or tempeh), greens, veggies, and grains (brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, etc.)

Yesterday, I followed that plan until I got home. My new rat cage arrived and I was beyond eager to start constructing it. So, when I should have been cooking dinner, I started the building the cage instead. I got hungry really quickly, and ended up eating half a bag of root veggie chips. I followed that with half a box of nutter butters because my sweet tooth kicked in. That, and my energy has been low lately due to sleeping poorly. I did enjoy the nutter butters, but I'm paying the price today. Lots of gas and bloating, blech.

Today has been better. I should have made my lunch last night, like I usually do on workdays, but I didn't have the energy. Then I way overslept this morning, so I had to dash around the kitchen. I didn't have time to make my usual sandwich or smoothie, so I grabbed a Clif bar and a bunch of fruit. I ate the Clif bar for breakfast. It doesn't keep me full as long as the smoothie, and I don't feel quite as fabulous when I start my day out with one, but it's better than a lot of other options out there, and convenient.

I was ravenous at lunch, and I hadn't been to Chipotle in forever, so I decided to grab a Vegetarian Fajita Burrito Bowl. That's actually very healthy, and would have been the perfect lunch, only I had to order a bag of chips with it. I knew I wouldn't need the chips, but I craved the salt and lime. So yeah, I ate the burrito bowl AND the chips. I started to get hungry towards the end of the day, but I skipped my usual snacks because lunch was so big, I finished on a high note tonight though with a fresh veggie stir fry (tempeh, bok choy, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, and broccoli sauteed with some oil, tamari and a couple of squeezes of orange juice). I served it with some leftover brown rice. Delicious!

My energy has perked up a little, so even though it's kinda late, I'm gonna do one of my kickboxing DVDs.

I feel so much better after doing that! I love the cardio kickboxing. Not only is a great way to get my heart pumping, but I get to punch and kick to my heart's content. Now I just hope that I'll get some decent sleep for a change. Gonna try some sleepytime tea again.

No comments:

Post a Comment